How Does Stress & Anxiety Affect The Body
Beyond the mental and emotional effects of stress, there are also physical health risks. When stressed, the body diverts blood and energy from the digestive tract to the large muscles and the brain. Digestion slows down, and fewer digestive enzymes and acids are produced. Your body will no longer be able to extract all the nutrients it needs from your food, yet it will require even more nutrients than normal in order to maintain the stress response.
In this conflict state, your body is almost certain to lack vital nutrients such as protein, antioxidants (including selenium and vitamins A,C and E), all B vitamins (including niacin, pantothenic acid and folic acid), calcium, magnesium and essential fatty acids.
Strategies For Coping With Stress
It is important to manage stress before it becomes a severe problem. For example, plan tasks ahead of time, don’t overburden your schedule, take occasional breaks during periods of intense mental activity, and maintain a healthy balance between work and relaxation.
Relaxing music, diffusing aromas such as sandalwood or lavender, or a quiet evening stroll alone or with a nurturing companion are good ways to help balance the mind and emotions. Social, leisure, and recreational activities, meditation/relaxation techniques, and exercise are also excellent outlets for stress. Certain nutritional and herbal supplements can also help your body respond to daily stress factors.
• Plan ahead to avoid stress
• Give yourself a rest when you need it
• Always make time for personal pursuits, meditation and relaxation
• Consider stress-reducing nutritional supplements like Intra + Nutria
• Try to find humour in every day life
Laughter is good medicine
Researchers in California have shown that laughter can lower blood pressure, reduce stress hormones, increase muscle flexion, and boost immune function by raising levels of infection-fighting T-cells, disease-fighting proteins called Gamma-interferon and B-cells, which produce disease-destroying antibodies. Laughter also triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers, and produces a general sense of well-being. Sometimes the best way to diffuse a stressful situation is to find humor in it.
Intra + Nutria Are Better Together
• Intra is a pleasant tasting, proprietary formulation of 23 time-tested and trusted botanical extracts that provide the body with antioxidants, flavonoids, lignins, polysaccharides and other health enhancing nutrients specific to each herbal extract.
• Nutria is a powerful antioxidant supplement formulated to help your body defend itself against the toxins and pollutants of modern life. Nutria contains key vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients to boost your daily antioxidant intake and support your immune system.
When taken together, Intra and Nutria beneficially increase the effectiveness and health benefits of each other – from an increased reaction value in the body to better absorption. In fact, Intra and Nutria taken together provide many hundreds of concentrated phytonutrients that benefit human health and work together to produce a greater benefit than any one of the individual components on their own.
Taking both at the same time increases the absorption rate. Taking Intra and Nutria at the same time is ideal and both are best absorbed when taken with a meal. If you do not want to change your routine – just make sure that both are taken within a 24-hour period to capitalize on the synergistic interactions.
Latest posts by Oliver (see all)
- Think Intra. Drink Intra Herbal Juice. Pass it on! - February 28, 2015
- 39 Motivational Success Quotes - February 26, 2015
- You Are Your Environment - February 26, 2015